AAEON’s UP Bridge the Gap has announced the UP Element i12 Edge fanless embedded computer based on the Intel NUC 12 Compute Element and designed for the Autonomous Mobile Robot (AMR) and Industrial Automation markets.
The computer is equipped with a NUC 12 compute element equipped with a 12th generation Alder Lake hybrid processor ranging from the Celeron 7350 hybrid processor to the Intel Core i7-1255U hybrid processor, supports up to 32 GB of LPDDR5 memory , NVMe support, offers three Ethernet ports including one 2.5GbE, multiple USB ports, two RS232/422/485 interfaces, DIO header, etc.
UP Element i12 Edge Specifications:
- System on Module – Intel NUC 12 Compute Element with:
- Alder Lake SoC (either)
- 10-core Intel Core i7-1255U processor with 2 performance cores up to 4.7 GHz, 8 efficiency cores up to 3.5 GHz, Intel Iris Xe Graphics; PBP: 15W
- 10-core Intel Core i5-1235U processor with 2 performance cores up to 4.4 GHz, 8 efficiency cores up to 3.3 GHz, Intel Iris Xe Graphics; PBP: 15W
- Intel Core i3-1215U 6-core processor with 2 performance cores up to 4.4 GHz, 4 efficiency cores up to 3.3 GHz, Intel UHD Graphics; PBP: 15W
- Intel Celeron 7305 penta-core processor with 1x performance cores up to 1.1 GHz, 4x efficiency cores, Intel UHD Graphics; PBP: 15W
- System memory – Up to 32GB DDR5 memory
- Wireless – 802.11ax 2T2R WiFi 6E and Bluetooth 5.3 via Intel AX211 module
- Alder Lake SoC (either)
- Storage – Optional via M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3 X2 M Key
- AI Accelerator – Optional via M.2 2280 socket
- Video output – 1x HDMI 2.0b port, 1x DP 1.4 port, 1x DP 1.4 via USB Type-C port
- Audio – 3.5mm mic in jack, 3.5mm line out jack
- 1 Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 port via Realtek RTL8111H controller
- 1 Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 port via Intel i219-LM controller
- 1 x 2.5 GbE RJ45 port via Intel i225-IT controller
- WiFi and Bluetooth on the NUC 12 Compute Element
- Optional 4G LTE or 5G cellular connectivity via M.2 3052 module
- 2x USB 2.0 Type-A
- 2x USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-A
- 1x USB 3.2 Gen1 Type-C with DisplayPort Alt mode support
- Serial port – 2x RS-232/422/485 via 16-pin header
- Expansion slot
- 1x M.2 3052 B-key
- 2x M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3 X2 M Key
- GPIO – 8-input/8-output isolated header
- Security – Discrete TPM 2.0
- Miscellaneous – Power button, pinhole reset, UEFI BIOS with WoL and PXE support; PSTN; watchdog timer
- Power supply – 9-36V DC via locking Ø 2.5mm connector
- Dimensions – 155 x 125 x 45mm
- Temperature Range – Operation: 0°C to 60°C; storage: -40°C to 80°C
- Humidity – 0% ~ 90% relative humidity, non-condensing
- Vibration – MIL-STD-202G Method 213B, Table 213-I Condition A
- IEC 60068-2-6: 1G, 5-500Hz, 3 axes
- IEC 60068-2-64: 5Grms, 5-500 Hz, 3 axis operation
- Certification – CE-RED, FCC Class A, UKCA DoC
- Longevity – 2027
AAEON/the UP community provides support for Ubuntu 22.04 LTS, the Yocto Project 4.0.x and Microsoft Windows 10/11 IoT Core. The Ubuntu image ships with the OpenVINO, Media SDK, oneAPI, and ROS2 frameworks, as well as the Intel AMR SDK and Intel Edge Insights for Industrial software package to provide solutions for AMR and industrial robotics applications in general.
The company is also highlighting some of the features missing in many competing AMR solutions with the UP Element i12 Edge offering better shock and vibration resistance, a locking power connector for improved reliability as well as additional cable locks. I/O and optional dampers.
The UP Element i12 Edge in-vehicle computer is not yet available, with the product page only stating that the device is “coming soon”.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 on a part-time basis, before stepping down as director of software engineering and starting writing daily news and reviews full-time later in 2011.
Support CNX software! Make a donation through PayPal Where cryptocurrencies, become a patron on Patreon, or buy exam samples